Coffee Is For Closers Ep37Today, in part 2 of our scripting series, we’ll walk you through the ABC’s of pitching.
Scripting Part 2: The Pitch
When you’re on a sales call, it’s easy to recover from things like objections, but it’s hard — even near impossible — to recover from a bad pitch. You can ruin a sales call by pitching really badly, and recovery may depend on your skill level. Even those who are good at objection handling, can rarely ever recover from a bad pitch.
But what is a pitch anyway? Some of you may say, “well, we don’t do pitches.” But if you’re listening to this podcast, you’ll understand what I’m saying. Delivering your pitch is crucial in closing the call.
Today, in part 2 of our scripting series, we’ll walk you through the ABC’s of pitching, the good and bad things you may or may not be doing. We’ll also be talking about how you can ensure you don’t overcook or undercook your pitch. Basically, we’ll discuss how you can use pitching best in your script and close that call.
Remove those make or break moments in sales calls by tuning in to this episode now!
What We Talked About In This Episode:
- What is a PITCH? [01:39]
- How Matt delivers his pitch [02:11]
- Going full price first instead of offering the deliverables [05:21]
- The features don’t sell to people, the benefits do [07:15]
- The reason why you should go full price first all the time [09:36]
- The certain pillars that you take into a pitch [13:27]
- K-I-S-S (keeping it short and simple) [15:37]
- Figuring out your pillars by understanding your niche [20:49]
- Avoid overcooking your pitches by underselling [22:15]
- Structuring your pitch [27:10]
- Why two heads are sometimes better in Pitching [29:06]
- How a good or bad pitch affects a call [31:34]
- Doing a pitch over zoom as an easier way to sell [34:00]
- Tying it all up together [35:56]
About Our Hosts:
Matt and James are from Sales Sniper, a sales consulting agency dedicated to helping companies increase close rates, build sales systems, and conduct sales training. They generate millions in sales for their clients every month and easily gets the top done for your sales agency.
- Sales Sniper Website
- Closing Code (Sales Training)
- Visit our FREE RESOURCES page and find just what you need to boost your sales game!
Connect with Matt and James:
If you liked this episode, don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast! Thanks for tuning in!