Coffee Is For Closers Ep52Pat Stuart, a long-time friend and a world-renowned dog trainer, joins me in this episode to discuss how we succeeded and made names for ourselves in our niches.
What It Takes To Be An “Expert”: Two Guys Who Managed to Do It In Separate Industries Discuss
Did you know that dog trainers and sales coaches are actually similar in more ways than one? Just when you thought the link between us and man’s best friend is just that—best friends—it turns out there are more things we share in common after all!
Pat Stuart, a long-time friend and a world-renowned dog trainer, joins me in this episode to discuss how we succeeded and made names for ourselves in our niches. Today, we discover the many things dog trainers and sales coaches have that we could never have imagined were similar in the first place!
There’s so much to learn in today’s fireside chat with Pat as we catch up with each other and discuss growing our own YouTube channels and businesses.
Hop right in to the episode to get valuable insights on becoming a leader in your niche and more!
- Hey, guys! What’s up? [0:00]
- Making the move back to Perth [01:50]
- Matt and Pat’s history together in the army [03:30]
- Why Matt and Pat decided to start their YouTube channels [05:43]
- The good and bad of YouTube [18:32]
- The essential ingredients of a successful podcast [26:34]
- The necessity of nuances to succeed in a coaching business [29:54]
- Matt’s secret behind his all-powerful sales technique [36:19]
- The good thing about giving your educational stuff away for free [42:21]
- What makes the sales industry the best but toughest industry to be in [48:15]
- You can’t sell lousy stuff, especially if you’re good at selling [54:10]
- The psychology of selling [55:56]
- What it’s like being the leader in your niche [58:01]
- You don’t have to be the best, just be good at your job [1:15:00]
About Our Guest:
After his 12-year career in the army, Pat Stuart began training dogs full-time, mentored and coached by the best trainers in Australia and the world. He is a certified NePoPo instructor as well as an active competitor in the PSA. A former special forces K9 Handler, he now has a business called the Operant Canine dedicated to helping dog owners, handlers, and trainers handle and train their dogs better. He also hosts his show The Canine Paradigm.
- Sales Sniper Website
- Closing Code (Sales Coaching Training)
- Visit our FREE RESOURCES page and find just what you need to boost your sales game!
- Take Operant Canine’s online courses now!
Connect with Matt and James:
If you liked this episode, don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast! Thanks for tuning in!