Coffee Is For Closers Ep43
In today’s episode of Coffee is for Closers, Matt and James talk about the most common traps and pitfalls that salespeople encounter and fall into in the industry.
The Thief of Joy
Most salespeople are trapped in the mindset that they’re much more than they’re actually worth. Others are trapped in the opposite mindset where they think they’re not worth more than they already are. Different mentalities for different types of closers.
In today’s episode of Coffee is for Closers, Matt and James talk about the most common traps and pitfalls that salespeople encounter and fall into in the industry. They go into the details of what makes your sales life UNsuccessful and why you just can’t be like Matt Ryder, or Jeremy Miner, or whoever it is you look up to.
Listen to this episode and understand what steals your chances of being successful. What is the thief of joy and why do you need to identify it?
What We Talked About in This Episode:
- Do closers want too much sometimes? [7:14]
- Not understanding why business owners make certain decisions [9:05]
- What is the thief of joy? [10:37]
- Truth or Fallacy: The more expensive the program, the more commissions you should get paid [13:04]
- Selling the most expensive programs is not the way to make more money [14:10]
- Anything that sells a way to get rich really quick is a scam [17:36]
- You’re not selling a $30,000 program if they don’t pay in full [18:36]
- Don’t get in the comparison game: THERE ARE NO INDUSTRY STANDARDS [19:58]
- When you think you’re making money for someone and you try and do it for yourself [22:22]
- The importance of knowing the difference between being a closer and being a business owner [23:16]
- Why being a salesperson is a good role to be in [27:46]
- Why Matt loves sales [29:02]
- Tip for salespeople: Understand business [30:15]
- Steps on getting more comms [31:17]
- The slowest way to make more money is to get better at sales??? [34:50]
- Wrong Mindset: You need higher commissions to make more money [37:52]
- James’ advice to salespeople [38:19]
- Matt’s advice to salespeople [39:13]
About Our Hosts:
Matt and James are from Sales Sniper, a sales consulting agency dedicated to helping companies increase close rates, build sales systems, and conduct sales training. They generate millions in sales for their clients every month and easily get the top done for your sales agency.
- How to demand more Commissions
- Sales Sniper Website
- Closing Code (Sales Coaching Training)
- Visit our FREE RESOURCES page and find just what you need to boost your sales game!
Connect with Matt and James:
If you liked this episode, don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast! Thanks for tuning in!